Reading a book- 1100 Prescriptions for a richer life written by Robert Laurel Yupangco (RLY) is something you like to finish and to follow every single word, well anyway, he is a bachelor with million dollar company under Yupangco Group of Companies in the Philippines, meaning, credible book to read or would I say, credible writer.
Ïn my readings, I encountered this statement: “Nothing is more important in life than family and friends.”I say that “,,,nothing is even more important than thoughts shared with family and friends, whether directly or indirectly.”- Robert Laurel Yupangco
Well, I would agree, you see, I realized the following;
- Even the best doctors in the world, if you are not with your family when they are sick, you are still nothing.
- Even the richest man in the world, if you can’t help your family in need, you are nobody.
- A brother with water refilling station is nothing, if he can’t even sent a bottle of water to his brother who doesn’t have a clean water.
Well you see, if you are at my age, you will realize a lot of things, that money is nothing if not shared or wisdom is nothing if didn’t make an impact to your love ones. So since life is not actually a cup of tea or not just a walk in the sun, let me share these 10 favorite wisdom I took from RLYs book.
- #171 Remember that winners do what losers don’t want to do.
- #498 Remember that how you say it is as important as what you say.
- #506 Remember that the shortest way to get anywhere is to have good company travelling with you.
- #599 Remember that your child’s character is like good soup. Both are home-made.
- #313 Every person whom you meet knows something you don’t; Learn from him.
- #275 Our life is what our thoughts make of it.
- #351 How you think is how you look.
- #839 You need not work hard, just work smart.
- #960 Master the power of influence.
- Take family vacations even if you can’t afford them. The memories will be priceless.
Our decisions everyday I believe is based on the foundation we learned at home. Some might be from the experience outside your comfort zone or might be from the book you read.
One thing I can assure you. Life is short, love your family first more than others, that’s what you want your children to remember from you.