Just recently, Elabram Systems Group in Malaysia spent two days for the annual team building and company retreat with the theme ‘Retreat, Recharge & Reconnect. Last March 24 to 25, 2017 at Cherengin Hills Resort, Janda Baik Pahan with a total of 42 empowered personel including Elabram Systems Group Managing Director (Mikel Yaw) and Deputy Group Managing Director (Sunny Yaw) graced the event to show unity and support.
Activities during the team building are as follows;
- Tele-matches are for building team dynamics
- BBQ Dinner with birthday celebration, lucky draw and K’ok session
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program with fruit tree planting (Durian and Pomelo) to green the earth and stop erosion of the hills. The company is allowed to come back to the resort to sample the fruits after about 5 years later.
- Visit to the fish pond at the resort after the CSR program.
Some of these benefits include:
- Improves morale and leadership skills
- Finds the barriers that thwart creativity
- Clearly defines objectives and goals
- Improves processes and procedures
- Improves organisational productivity
- Identifies a team’s strengths and weaknesses
- Improves the ability to problem solve
Team–building activities are a way to provide high-impact learning, increase team skills and communications, and improve morale and productivity. Employees benefit through experiencing a sense of accomplishment in working as a group to complete a challenging task and learning ways to improve communication skills.